Edoardo (Edo) Airoldi
Associate Professor of Statistics
- Theory and methods for combinatorial and network data
- Design and analysis of experiments and observational studies with interfering units
- Design and analysis of network sampling designs, including inference from non-ignorable designs
- Geometry and inference in ill-posed inverse problems, including network tomography and contingency tables
- Distributed inference
- Modeling and inference in high-throughput biology, including sequencing and mass spectrometry
- Applications to computational social science, including text
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University, January 2007.
- M.S. in Computational and Statistical Learning, Carnegie Mellon University, August 2003.
- M.S. in Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University, August 2003.
- B.S. in Mathematical Statistics, Bocconi University, October 1999.
- January 2013 -, Associate Professor of Statistics, Harvard University
- January 2009 - December 2012, Assistant Professor of Statistics, Harvard University
- December 2006 - December 2008, Postdoctoral Fellow, Lewis-Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics & Department of Computer Science, Princeton University
- EM Airoldi, AW Blocker. Estimating latent processes on a network from indirect measurements. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 108, 149-164, 2013.
- N Slavov, EM Airoldi, A van Oudenaarden, D Botstein. A conserved cell growth cycle can account for the environmental stress responses of divergent eukaryotes. Molecular Biology of the Cell. 23, 1986-1997, 2012.
- H Azari, EM Airoldi. Graphlet decomposition of a weighted network. Journal of Machine Learning Research, W&CP. 22, 54-63, 2012.
- DS Choi, PJ Wolfe, EM Airoldi. Stochastic blockmodels with growing number of classes. Biometrika. 99, 273-284, 2012.
- EM Airoldi, DS Choi, PJ Wolfe. Confidence sets for network structure. Statistical Analysis and Data Mining. 4, 461-469, 2011.
- EM Airoldi, B Haas. Polytope samplers for ill-posed inverse problems. Journal of Machine Learning Research, W&CP. 15, 110-118, 2011.
- Y Katz, E Wang, EM Airoldi, CB Burge. Analysis and design of RNA sequencing experiments for identifying mRNA isoform regulation. Nature Methods. 7, 1009-1015, 2010.
- A Goldenberg, AX Zheng, SE Fienberg, EM Airoldi. A survey of statistical network models. Foundations and Trends in Machine Learning. 2, 129-233, 2009.
- EM Airoldi, DM Blei, SE Fienberg, EP Xing. Mixed-membership stochastic blockmodels. Journal of Machine Learning Research. 9, 1981-2014, 2008.
- EM Airoldi, A Anderson, SE Fienberg, KK Skinner. Who wrote Ronald Reagan's radio addresses? Bayesian Analysis. 1, 289-320, 2006.
p: (617) 496-8318